J. Kent Crawford, PMP, PMI Fellow
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Kent Crawford is the founder and CEO of PM Solutions, the leader in applying project and portfolio management processes to drive operational efficiency.
He is also founder and CEO of the firm’s training subsidiary, PM College. In addition to his executive role, he is an influential member of the project management community, highly respected as a thought leader. He is a sought-after speaker at business conferences worldwide and the award-winning author of The Strategic Project Office.
Crawford has infused PM Solutions with dynamic leadership, vision, and spirit. Under Crawford’s guidance, PM Solutions spearheaded numerous innovations, including the creation of a unique research program that has contributed over a dozen significant studies to our understanding of project management best practices and trends.
Crawford is a popular, dynamic speaker whose keynotes have enlightened audiences worldwide. As an advocate of the profession, he is passionate about project management, with a focus on its business value. He engages business professionals on topics such as:
- the business value of the Project Management Office (PMO)
- the synergy between good governance, resource management, portfolio management, performance measurement, and process improvement
- how effective project and program management contribute to corporate strategy execution
In addition to authoring The Strategic Project Office: A Guide to Improving Organizational Performance (which received the David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award from the Project Management Institute), Crawford is the author of:
- Project Management Maturity Model: Providing a Proven Path to Project Management Excellence
- Project Management Roles & Responsibilities (all now in their second editions)
- Optimizing Human Capital with a Strategic Project Office
- and Seven Steps to Strategy Execution
His latest book, An Inside Look at High-Performing PMOs, showcases performance measurement best practices from the world’s most successful project management offices.
Crawford is a Former President and Chair of the Project Management Institute (PMI®). During his tenure in office, he implemented innovative programs that resulted in an astounding fifty percent membership growth for the Institute.
His leadership in PMI has been widely recognized as a primary driver in PMI's subsequent success. He has also been honored with the PMI Fellow Award, PMI's highest and most prestigious individual award.